To reheat a chicken breast in the microwave, follow these steps:
- Place the chicken breast on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover the chicken breast with a damp paper towel to help keep it moist.
- Set the microwave to medium power (around 50%) and heat the chicken for 30 seconds.
- Check the temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. It should be at least 165°F. If the chicken is not warm enough, continue to microwave it in 15-second intervals until it reaches the proper temperature.
- Let the chicken breast rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the heat to distribute evenly.
It’s important to be careful when reheating chicken in the microwave, as it can become rubbery or dry if it is overcooked. It’s also a good idea to slice into the thickest part of the breast to ensure that it is heated all the way through.